Last Sunday night broke into 5 parts...
- Twenty-six individuals were received into membership at the beginning of our time. Membership is a public confession of participating in the vision and ministry of the Emmanuel. These folks are committing to attend faithfully, support financially and protect the unity of our church. It was encouraging to introduce each one and to hear of their willingness to share, support and serve the call of God for our corporate assembly.
- During the Pastoral Report on 2013 I spoke of the challenges we have faced but also how these trials have produced character. I've observed humility, compassion, a breaking of pride. I've watched people serve each other and we've had a glimpse of God's glory. There has been prayer and faith as well as grace and truth. Things that have been ministry highlights are:
- Our first 2 weeks of prayer in January
- Two of our largest Newcomers groups in history
- Short Term Mission deployment, individuals and groups (dozens of people going to make a difference)
- Retreats (marriage, men and women)
- Good Friday Inter-Church service and Easter Outreach
- The usage of our building for public events (increased exponentially due to the Community Hall fire)
- NGM - Young Adult services, Grad banquet and our summer intern Kyle Epp
- Outreach like the Peachland Canada Day breakfast, backyard kids clubs and our Fall Carnival
- Sunday School strength and their Christmas presentation
- I also spoke about Derek Koch's 18 years of ministry coming to a conclusion at Emmanuel, our Peachland Campus and direction for the future. That led us to discuss the West Kelowna Auditorium.
- Jason Roffey, our church treasurer, spoke about church finances. His excellent report can be found here, along with the slides he presented. He also touched on attendance, growth, trends and the 2014 budget.
- Steve Johnston, chair of our Building Committee, presented their report. This report can also be found here. This was followed by an auditorium financial update. We had a time of Q&A that helped give clarity and understanding. We began our $50,000 drive before construction begins.
- Our leadership team at Emmanuel is comprised of pastors, deacons and a treasurer. Deacons are the highest lay office in our ecclesiastical structure. There were 6 open to this process but only 3 could be elected. Rick Nelson, Steve Johnston and Lorelie Hanson were elected. Additionally, Jeff Walker was appointed for a two year term as our Peachland Campus.