Faith. Prayer. Risk. Community. This is our story. And now, as we step out in faith in response to God’s love, the next chapter is being written. Together, we're building not only a house of worship but a public space where we can impact our community in a positive way. It will be the largest public gathering place, aside from the arena, in West Kelowna--enabling and enhancing the ministry of Emmanuel so that more lives can transformed by the spirit of a loving God.
We are currently raising funds for the first phase of the building project and are expecting to break ground this spring. Please join with us as we launch this project. If you have ideas on raising funds, please contact us.
$640,000 needed to start Phase 2
Total pledged: $509,300 | Updated January 7, 2014
Construction on our new auditorium has begun. Steve Johnston, the chair of the Emmanuel Building Committee, gives an update on the project.
what are we building?
Ministry branches out from Emmanuel into our schools, community, province, nation and world. We're building a new auditorium to enable us to do more of what we’re already doing. A new 15,000 square foot, single storey structure to the East of our existing building will include:
- a 600 seat theatre/sanctuary with a raised stage and baptismal tank
- a large open foyer area
- prayer room
- coffee bar
- kitchen facilities
- men’s washroom with showers
- woman’s washroom (relocated to existing kitchen) with showers and storage
- paving of the existing gravel parking lot
- landscaping and full site servicing
The building plan has been split into six phases. Each phase will start only when half of the funds required to build that phase are raised, with the other half borrowed.
- Phase 1: Construction of the Building
by Greyback Construction
- Phase 2: Completion of Interior Appointments
including chairs, stage lighting, sound, etc.
- Phase 3: Sitework
including landscaping and paving
We’re all in this together. Building the auditorium will require shared sacrifice and shared contribution. We’re asking every family to contribute over and above their regular tithes and offerings over a one to three-year period to fund the project. The total cost to build a new auditorium is $3.2 million. We’re planning on raising half and borrowing half of the required capital.
How you can be involved:
- Pray - each Tuesday some have started a prayer walk around our building and property. Come on out and join with them in prayer.
- Volunteer/Gift in Kind - We can use help in the following areas:
- Pre-construction site cleanup
- Packing up the kitchen (as soon as May/June)
- Building shelving in the new basement
- Installing chairs in the finished auditorium
- Building the new coffee bar
- Give - each Sunday financial contributions can be given by designating on your giving envelope. Please consider getting involved personally or corporately.
- Pledge - consider what you can pledge over the next few years and fill out the form in the packet you’ve received and hand it into the church office. [download pledge form]