Faith. Prayer. Risk. Community. This is our story. And now, as we step out in faith in response to God’s love, the next chapter is being written. Together, we're building not only a house of worship but a public space where we can impact our community in a positive way. It will be the largest public gathering place, aside from the arena, in West Kelowna--enabling and enhancing the ministry of Emmanuel so that more lives can transformed by the spirit of a loving God.
We are currently raising funds for the first two phases of the building project and are expecting to break ground this summer. You can download the finances and phase plan for a detailed look.
$640,000 needed to start Phase 2
Total pledged: $495,599 | Updated Sept 24, 2013
This video introduces Emmanuel's Building Committee, provides an update on the status of the project, and outlines the direction being considered for construction.
what are we building?
Ministry branches out from Emmanuel into our schools, community, province, nation and world. We're building a new auditorium to enable us to do more of what we’re already doing. A new 15,000 square foot, single storey structure to the East of our existing building will include:
- a 600 seat theatre/sanctuary with a raised stage and baptismal tank
- a large open foyer area
- prayer room
- coffee bar
- kitchen facilities
- men’s washroom with showers
- woman’s washroom (relocated to existing kitchen) with showers and storage
- paving of the existing gravel parking lot
- landscaping and full site servicing
The building plan has been split into six phases. Each phase will start only when half of the funds required to build that phase are raised, with the other half borrowed.
View All Phases
We’re all in this together. Building the auditorium will require shared sacrifice and shared contribution. We’re asking every family to contribute over and above their regular tithes and offerings over a one to three-year period to fund the project. The total cost to build a new auditorium is $3.2 million. We’re planning on raising half and borrowing half of the required capital.
How you can be involved:
- Pray - each Tuesday some have started a prayer walk around our building and property. Come on out and join with them in prayer.
- Volunteer/Gift in Kind- Fill out the form in the packet that you’ve received and hand it into the church office. [download gift-in-kind form]
- Give - each Sunday financial contributions can be given by designating on your giving envelope.
- Pledge - consider what you can pledge over the next few years and fill out the form in the packet you’ve received and hand it into the church office. [download pledge form]